By accepting the privacy statement, the User agrees that the Hungarian Civil Liberties Union (Tatra utca 15./b, Budapest, 1136) may store the User’s data in a user database and transmit it to
- OTP Mobil Ltd. (Kozraktar u. 30-32., Budapest, H-1093),
- CIB Bank Zrt. (Medve u. 4-14. Budapest, H-1027),
- PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
including but not limited to the following personal information that the User provides: first name, last name, postcode, city, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The following types of data are not mandatory: postcode, city, address and telephone number.
The purpose of data processing and data transfer is to provide the User with customer service assistance, acknowledge and confirm transactions (newsletter subscriptions, donation payment by credit/debit card or wire transfer) and to monitor fraud for the protection of users (fraud detection system that supports the control of electronically initiated banking transactions).
The User agrees that the contact information they provide may be stored and utilised by HCLU in the future for HCLU-related communications. The User may, at any time, request the deletion or alteration of their data or request that the HCLU cease any further use of the information the User provided. Moreover, the User may request information about the details of the processing of their data at email@example.com. If you believe that your rights related to your personal data were infringed, you may initiate an investigation by the National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information or a court proceeding.
What happens to your data?
The Hungarian Civil Liberties Union (HCLU) is a watchdog NGO, and hereinafter provides the OTP Mobil Kft. SimplePay secure bankcard payment option for donors. See below for details of how the HCLU ensures the security of supporters’ data and sponsors' money.
What to know:
- Read the HCLU’s Donor page for sponsors and see the conditions relating to donations.
- Please refer to the security conditions on the HCLU Donor page, as these will guarantee the security of your data.
- Keep a note of your data relating to the donation.
- Keep a record of the transaction data connected to your payment (transaction ID and licence number).
- Make sure that no unauthorised person(s) have access to your secret card data.
- Using a browser that supports SSL encryption is necessary to secure your data.
SSL is the abbreviation of Secure Sockets Layer, the accepted encryption method for securing data. The bank has an encryption key that protects the communication channel. Currently, 90% of the world’s e-commerce uses this encryption method. A browser allowing SSL encrypts the cardholder’s data prior to transmission to the bank and thus cannot be deciphered by unauthorised persons. Only the bank handles card data which is necessary for payment when SSL encryption is enabled. The data provided on the payment page is only accessible to the bank, and the HCLU does not receive any of this information. The User is notified of the status of their payment after the transaction on the HCLU’s Donors’ page. For card payment, your internet browser must support SSL encryption.
The SimplePay/CIB eCommerce/PayPal online payment system allows the use of Mastercard/Maestro, VISA and VISA Electron (the latter only if authorised by the issuing bank), American Express bank cards and cards that allow online payments.
Information for one-time donors
The payment (hereinafter referred to as Payment) is a function of a bankcard that OTP Mobil Kft., CIB Bank Zrt., PayPal (Europe) accepts (hereinafter referred to as Payment processors). This means that the payment processors takes a payment specified by the customer (donor) during the registration of card transaction data.
1. Provide your data on HCLU’s Donor page including: first name, family name, e-mail address and the amount you wish to donate and execute through card payment. Optional fields include your phone number, city, address and postcode. We only use the latter to keep in touch with our donors. By providing the latter, you agree that we may handle this information.
2. By accepting our General Regulations of use and by clicking on the ‘Donate’ button, you are redirected to the secure SimplePay/CIB eCommerce/PayPal payment page where you need to provide your bankcard details to initiate the donation process.
3. After providing your bankcard details, click on the ‘Payment’ button to initiate the payment transaction.
4. After the transaction is executed, you will be redirected to the HCLU’s Donor page where you will receive confirmation of your payment.
After a successful transaction (valid bankcard and verified payment coverage) the bank debits the amount of the donation from the Card user's bank account. The amount donated will be immediately debited from your account.
If you are not redirected from the payment page to the HCLU’s Donor page, the transaction is unsuccessful. If you press ‘Back’ or refresh the bank payment page, or close the browser’s window before you are redirected to HCLU’s page, the transaction will be deemed unsuccessful. Should you wish to receive more information about an unsuccessful transaction, please get in touch with your local branch.
Information for regular donors
Recurring card payment (direct debit) is a service offered by OTP Mobil Ltd and PayPal. This means that the bankcard details provided by consumer (donor) during transaction registration may be used again in the future without needing to provide the above information again.
By setting up direct debit payments, the bank will charge the donor’s account every 30 days according to the amount specified by the donor. If the payment is unsuccessful, the bank will attempt to collect payment the following day. Direct debits may be cancelled or paused by following the instructions sent in the confirmation email or by contacting the secretary of HCLU – Hungarian Civil Liberties Union (Tatra utca 15/b, Budapest, 1136) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +36 1 209 0046.
For direct debit payments, by accepting this declaration you agree that following a successful transaction registration by using the current payment interface (www.hclu.hu), future payments may be initiated without re-entering the amount of payment and your credit card information and that these transactions may be initiated by HCLU.
In the case of any direct debit transactions falsely or wrongly initiated by the Service provider (in this case, the service provider: HCLU – Hungarian Civil Liberties Union), the Service provider is directly responsible. Any claim towards the payment provider (OTP Mobil Ltd.) is hereby excluded.
Attention! The management of credit card data complies with the card company rules. HCLU or the Payment Processors cannot access any bankcard data.
I have read the information above and I understand and accept the terms set forth.