HCLU welcomes interns from time to time, who can gain professional experience at one of the most active Hungarian human rights NGO. Besides assisting with the work of HCLU, the interns can broaden the circle of those committed to human rights.
The minimum period of an internship is 4 weeks and applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interns can expect to work for HCLU in one or more of the following areas:
- Equality project (disability rights, rights of those living with HIV, LMBTQ rights, Roma rights)
- Privacy project (drug policy, right sin the public health, right to self-determination, freedom of conscience, freedom in education, protection of personal data)
- Political Freedoms project (freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, freedom of information, political participatory rights)
- Communications (press monitoring, press review, press relations, managing press materials, blogging, editing, making interviews, preparation of court hearing notes, international press monitoring and press relations, organization of events)
The possible tasks of those speaking Hungarian: looking for best practices, data collection, preparation of documentation in important cases, preparation of public data requests, assisting with legal aid requests.
Those interns speaking English or other foreign languages as well can look for best practices and data in the international law sphere and can prepare comparative researches.
Interns are selected based on the following considerations:
- understanding of what HCLU does, possibly have experience in one of our topics/projects;
- as the work of HCLU focuses mainly on Hungary, Hungarian language knowledge is indispensable in most of the cases;
- knowledge of English.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter describing your interest in an internship at HCLU, indicating 1) which of the above mentioned project areas are interesting for you 2) the beginning and ending of the proposed internship indicating the working hours you could spend at HCLU;
- a detailed professional CV.